{Travel Diary} Seoul, South Korea (Aug. 2016)

Told myself I would never go back to Asia in the summer but lo and behold, I went mid-August this year. (Only because summer was the only time V. was free and we have been talking about taking a trip together for years already.) It was so fucking hot omg I thought I was going to melt ◝(๑⁺᷄д⁺᷅๑)◞՞  I was literally sweating right after coming out of the shower ugh

So to begin, my trip started with Air Canada. It was a super early flight (6:30am!) from SFO, with a short stopover in Vancouver. I purposely chose the flight with a layover in Vancouver instead of Seattle because I wanted Tim Hortons – specifically an ice cap. o(≧∇≦o) I had been debating if I should even get it before the longer leg of the flight because caffeine makes me go poop (haha sorry, that might be too much info (ᕑᗢूᓫ∗)˒˒) but it didn’t matter in the end because they closed down the Tim Hortons on the international side (╥﹏╥) The security guard pointed me in the direction of Starbucks instead. No thank you.


Since that was moot, I just headed towards the lounge I had access too. Can’t remember the name right now but it was fairly empty. The snack and drinks selection wasn’t bad. I just had some orange juice and plain congee (that I put too much salt in!) while I complained about the lack of TH on my twitter lol.

The flight to Seoul was uneventful. I slept, watched a few movies, and played pokemon on my DS. It was about 3pm when I landed. Immigration took a while. After I grabbed my luggage, I went to the bathroom to freshen up. I had this uncomfortable feeling in my chest the whole day – like something was jabbing me. I finally checked and realized the wire of my bra popped out and has been stabbing me for the past 14-15 hours. No wonder I was uncomfortable as fuck (¬_¬ ) I didn’t want to open up my luggage and pull out a new bra to change so just waited until I arrive at the airbnb.

Took me another hour or so before I was finally able to leave the airport because the simcard I bought wasn’t working with my phone and had to go around trying to get it fixed and even then afterwards, it didn’t work too well.

Anyways, finally reached Hongdae where my airbnb was located and found out our apartment we got through airbnb had shitty building ac aka practically nonexistent. It was hot and the fan the host left in the apartment didn’t help much. Amenities wise, the apartment was pretty minimal. Oh wells. Just really needed a place to sleep. I changed, fixed my makeup, fixed my simcard and went out with V. and L. to meet up with the rest of their friends to watch The Secret Life of Pets.

The movie was pretty good. I was worried I would fall asleep since I literally just got off the plane but I didn’t so that’s a victory! \(^o^)/ I think we got bingsoo afterwards and then it was the end of the day.

Jet lag hit hard the next morning. Went to sleep at midnight but ended up waking around 5am, super hungry. I love korean convenient stores because they always have such nice snacks to eat for cheap~ and luckily for us, there was a 7/11 right downstairs. So I threw on a hat and scuttled down for some triangle rice balls (oh how I miss you ( ̄﹃ ̄)) and juice.

Besides my first and last day, everything else was a blur lol. I was sharing the apartment with V. and we ended up not leaving the apartment until noon every day. Most of the time we just ate, shopped, and hung out with friends. This was a pretty chilled vacation. V. wasn’t too big on doing touristy stuff so that was awesome.

Some of my food pictures~

At the dog cafe! The corgi was so cute but oh so anti-social (๑´╹‸╹`๑)

Other stuff we did:

V. left a day before me. On my last day, I was a bit sick so I didn’t really do anything. Just went out to get the dumplings for my sister and then headed to the airport.


Was super excited for the flight back because I managed to get a business class seat! o(≧∇≦o) Checked in and then decided to do a little duty free shopping hehe (*≧艸≦) Got some Laneige stuff that wasn’t available in the states/slightly cheaper.


After my short shopping trip, I headed to the Krisflyer Silver lounge (?) forgot the full name but something like that. It was pretty nice and spacious. Definitely better than the priority pass lounges I’ve been in haha. Anyways, since I had a few hours to kill, I did some exploring in the lounge, took some pictures, snacked on the food, and just be a peasant in general lol.

The lounge was pretty empty. After my little exploring trip, I just sat around catching up on some of my dramas. At one point, there was an attendant coming around with a try of mini ice-creams! I was ecstatic (and also texting my sister like crazy) and got a green tea one. It was so yummy~(*^▽^)/

There was also a shower room and I was pretty fascinated with that too lol.

When I finally got on the plane it was just a sense of relief. I was just excited to get my meal and then sleep because I was exhausted. The seat was amazing though! So big and cushiony. I swear it could fit two of me! Lol. Seriously, I cannot go back to peasant class after such an experience!


My pre-departure drink~

The food was alright but I didn’t eat much because I think I had motion sickness (?) My head was hurting and I just felt sick; had no appetite at all. After my meal was cleared I just went straight to sleep.

It was noon when I landed back in the states. Managed to get through immigration quickly and was picked up. Thus, another ending to another adventure. Sadly, I won’t be able to ride SQ to Seoul anymore because they discounted the route from SFO > ICN in October. Gotta find another preferred airline to get to Seoul now.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s